Rotoscopy Artist VFX
Rotoscopy artists cut images and sequences out of living footage that will be re-inserted with special effects.
The effects that are integrated into the footage must be compatible and realistic, so the roto artist must work closely with both filmmakers and VFX artists to allow for a dynamic effect.
Job responsibilities may include:
1) Liaising with lead artists and filmmakers on the sequences requiring rotoscoping
2) Interpret and apply artistic concepts as briefed
3) Maintain consistency of visuals and style throughout the production
4) Creating matters tracing the motion of objects
5) Shape creation and editing
6) Shape animation by hand and with trackers
7) Shape composing, fill modes, and capacity settings
8) Undertake quality assurance on completed roto work
9) Work to seamlessly integrate special effects