A. Post Name: Technical Officer (Communication)
B. The Centre for Stem Cell Research and Christian Medical College, Vellore invites applications for the Technical Officer (Communication) position to work under the project title: Novel Approaches to Haematological Disorders (NAHD) - Thalassemia and sickle cell anemia control program in collaboration with the Government of Odisha.
C. Work Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Should be ready to travel extensively in remote areas of Odisha.
1. Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the project activities of the institution.
2. Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
3. Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
4. Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
5. Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
6. Proficiency in design and publishing communication resources.
7. Identify and involve in existing communication channels in a systematic manner, regularly monitor for opportunities, and share with relevant team members.
8. Support the development and editing of concept notes and proposals to be submitted CSCR and government counterpart.
9. Coordinate with colleagues in the program team to compile the information required for developing concept notes and resource materials of communication.
10.Perform any other relevant duties/ work assigned in the interest of the organization by the supervisor.
11. Submit Monthly Report to the supervisor.
12. Submission of timely expenditures details with prior approval of appropriate authority.
13. Submission of lab investigation report on time.
14. Compliance with CSCR Administrative, HR and other Technical requirements on daily basis.
15. Any other task as assigned by the Supervisor and CSCR.
E. Eligibility: Essential Qualification: Education: Health graduate with training in health education / PG in Mass communications. (MBA in Public Relations, MBA in Media Management, Masters in Mass Communication (MMC) / MMC in Audio Visual / PGD in Advertising / Marketing communications / Public Relations)
F. Desirable Work Experience and Requirements
1. Experience in working with NGO/Govt program implementation, health education/capacity building, training in health/ development sector.
2. Experience and knowledge in public health sector.
3. Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
4. Should have strong written and oral communication skills in English, Hindi and Odia
5. Should be ready to travel extensively in Odisha.
6. Should have good command over computer application; such as, MS Office, Adobe Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and/or HTML preferred.
7.Should have good skill for report writing, communication and Media management.
Age not more than 35 years.