Online/Walk-in Interview will be conducted on January 25, 2022 at 10.00 AM for the following assignment in research project undertaken in the Department of Ceramic Engineering of the institute
1. Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
2. No of Post: 01
3. Name of the Research Project: Development of Phenolic Resin-derived Porous Carbon Spheres Modified Superhydrophobic Melamine Sponge for Toxic Dye Removal and Oil Spill Remediation.
4. Tenure of the Project: 3 years
5. Tenure of the Assignment: 36 months or till the end of the project whichever is earlier. Extendable annually till completion of project, subject to satisfactory performance
6. Job Description: The incumbent will be involved in developing PCS@MF sponge for dye removal and oil remediation related experimental and theoretical work. Knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, & prior hands on experience in materials synthesis will be an added advantage. Theoretical knowledge with simulation and modelling in computational fluid dynamics (Fluent, CFX etc.) will be prioritized.
(i) Rs. 31,000/- for 1st and 2nd years
(ii) Rs.35,000/- for 3rd year
8. Essential Qualification and Experience: Master’s degree in Engineering (Ceramics, Chemical, Metallurgy, Nanotechnology/Nanoscience, Materials Science, Chemical, Mechanical) with minimum CGPA of 6.5/10.0 (or 60% aggregate) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Ceramics, Chemical, Metallurgy, Nanotechnology/Nanoscience, Materials Science, Chemical, Mechanical) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0/10.0 (or 75% aggregate) with valid GATE score. Master’s degree in Science (Chemistry/Physics only) with Minimum CGPA of 8.0/10.0 (or 75% aggregate) in the Master’s degree, first division in Bachelor’s degree, and valid GATE score or NET qualified. Qualification/experience for JRF position will be as per DST norms.